At this time, The Fitz remains closed. All activities and programs scheduled to start in March and April have been postponed.
All restrooms, door handles, and common contact surfaces have been disinfected. Only our facilities manager has been permitted inside the building to perform routine cleaning and building maintenance. No other staff have been permitted inside in order to ensure the facility remains clean.
Once the Governor lifts the ban on gatherings, we will announce new dates for impacted events.
Our team has been working hard to ensure The Fitz responds thoughtfully and appropriately to the rapidly evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 / Coronavirus.
On March 10, Governor Baker declared a state of emergency in Massachusetts. The health and safety of our community is our highest priority, and in order to help protect our staff and mitigate the spread of coronavirus, we are taking the following measures:
- The Lads and Ladies dance, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 14, has been postponed. All existing tickets will be honored on a future date. We will be announcing a new date soon.
- Large group gatherings (>30 people) inside The Fitz will be limited, at least through the month of March.
- Our staff will continue to routinely clean and disinfect contact surfaces, per CDC guidelines.
- All small-group instruction and summer enrichment programs are continuing as scheduled.
I want to thank our Board of Directors for their diligence and support in ensuring we do what’s best for our community. We do not take these decisions lightly and understand the impact and disappointment created when events are postponed or cancelled.
We will continue to update this page with updates throughout the coming days and weeks.
The following resources will provide the latest and most accurate information regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19):
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
- Mass.gov: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
Thank you for your continued support of The Fitz.
President, The Fitzpatrick Collaborative